Every year, Science Society donates all proceeds from the Science Society Gala to an elected charity. This year the options are:
John McGivney's Children Centre
Mission: The John McGivney Children's Centre provides family-centred holistic care to the community, enriching the lives of children and youth with special needs by helping them reach their full potential.
Vision: We are a centre of hope, support and inspiration for children with special needs and their families; working together toward a future of participation, acceptance and opportunities.
- Accountability - Collaboration - Quality
- Resourcefulness - Respect - Transparency
Habitat For Humanity
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting home ownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
Vision: Habitat for Humanity Windsor-Essex is a non-profit, faith-based organization working for a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
- housing for all - human dignity - partnership
- faith in action - diversity and inclusiveness
Mission and Vision: Hiatus House is a social service agency offering confidential intervention for families experiencing domestic violence. Hiatus is a term that means "a break in" or interruption in" time. Hiatus House is a vital social service agency breaking the cycle of domestic violence.
Values and Services:
- crisis intervention - residential program
- transitional & housing support program - Fresh Start- Women’s and Men’s Programs
- Crossroads Program - School Based program